ABOUT THE WAY OF THE CROSS
Come relive Christs' last moments as he embarks on the journey towards His victory over death for each one of us.
SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY
9:00 AM - Cathedral of St. Peter-in-Chains is opened for the public
10:00 AM - The ecumenical prayer service commences in the Cathedral
10:30 AM - The prayer service is concludes and all are invited to move outside for the start of the procession.
Thanks to Knights of Columbus Council 798, the washrooms in the Knights of Columbus/Bishop Doyle Hall, found immediately across the road from the front doors of the Cathedral, will be opened to the public from this time.
10:30 AM - The procession begins in front of the Cathedral before moving East on Hunter Street through the city of Peterborough.
12:00-12:45 PM - The procession is completed within Immaculate Conception Parish, followed by a concluding prayer service and remarks.
!!! We need your help !!!
Here are some areas where we need some help, ways that you can get involved:
Help out behind the scenes...
- Costume or Prop Assistance - we need talented individuals to help modify or repair costumes or props to ensure that our actors look great.
- Trucks - we need help from people with trucks to help move equipment, setup and take down, carry sound equipment and lead the celebration.
- Makeup - we need those experienced with makeup to help make fake 'wounds' on Jesus.
- Marshals - we need help on Good Friday with guiding and assisting the crowds who will be participating.
- Food Preparation - our actors need to eat.
- Sound Technician - we need someone who is able to use sound equipment to help ensure that all who come can hear what's happening.
To see a full description of roles needed to help us prepare, click here.
To see a full description of roles needed on the day of, click here.
Help out as a re-enactor...
Pilot, Jesus, Veronica, Mary, the Roman soldiers, the women of Jerusalem. We need help fulfilling these roles. There are roles for anyone of any comfort or skill level. Only two of the roles have speaking parts and the majority of the roles are as a member of part of a group. There is no need for any previous experience or specialized talent. Anyone of any faith who is grade eight or higher is welcome to serve as a re-enactor.
Get your community service hours!
A great many community service hours are available in these roles. In fact, almost all of the community service hours needed to graduate from an Ontario Secondary School are available for those who serve as an re-enactor in this celebration.
Re-enactors are expected to attend the rehearsals that take place on Friday's after school from 3:30pm till 6pm beginning on February 12th and ending on Good Friday, March 25th. Soldiers will have an additional rehearsal or two on a Saturday morning.
To see a full description of the re-enactment roles, click here.
PHOTOBOOK - Commemorating Ten Years of the Way of the Cross
To celebrate the tenth annual Way of the Cross, the Youth Office released a commemorative photo book, chronicling the fourteen stations using photos from the first nine years, bible verses and meditations from various Saints.
Order yours today for $10! The books can be picked up at the Youth Office or we are now offering direct shipping for an additional cost of $3.00 per book; books will not be shipped until payment is received by the Youth Office.
Contact the Youth Office at 705-745-5123 ext 24 or email@example.com for more information on the Photo Book, or to order by phone.Normal 0 false false false EN-CA X-NONE X-NONE
ADVERTISING IN THE PROGRAM
Do you want to advertise in our Way of the Cross Program? Advertising is a great way to support this event and share your business with those present. Our advertisements are affordable and easy to submit. Business cards are the perfect fit for our program and the perfect opportunity to support this event and grow your business.
FRIDAY, MARCH 5, 2016 - END OF BUSINESS DAY
Advertisements can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Youth OfficeDiocese of Peterborough 350 Hunter St West - Box 175 Peterborough, ON K9J 6Y8
- Advertisement content must be inline with the underlying values of the Way of the Cross and The Vocations, Evangelization and Youth Office of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Peterborough. Any advertisement that does not meet the values will not be run and money will be returned.
- Advertisements will be run in FULL GRAYSCALE.
- Payment must be received with a digital copy of the advertisement you wish to run.
- Cheques must be made payable to: RCEC Diocese of Peterborough.
- No advertisements will be taken after the deadline. All advertisements received after the deadline will be returned with money.
If you would like to contact the Youth Office with any questions regarding the upcoming Way of the Cross please complete the form below and click send.